Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Tribute to My Mom


In honor of Mother’s Day I would like to note what an awesome mom I have and thank her for all she has done for me over the years. My mom, the founder and owner of Balloons By Mail, has worked so hard to provide her children, my two brothers and myself, with everything we ever needed. Growing up my mom was always there to help point us in the right direction, but allowed us to make our own mistakes so we could learn and grow. When a mistake hit one of us hard and we stumbled, she was there to catch us when we fell. Although I didn’t appreciate it at the time she took notice in the things I did and where I went as a teenager. She put up with my sometimes bratty attitude and still took the time to let me know she cared.

Today my mom and I are best friends and rarely do a few days pass without a phone call. When I got married last summer I came across a song that seemed to say it all, “Because You Loved Me” by Celine Dion. Here are a few of the lyrics I would like to present to my mom.

“For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see
For all the joy you brought to my life
For all the wrong that you made right
For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you
I'll be forever thankful for you
You're the one who held me up
Never let me fall
You're the one who saw me through, through it all”

Make sure you tell your mom what she means to you by sending her a gift that shows you care.

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, You are the best daughter EVER !!

    ReplyDelete